• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor babies.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
      I don't think we've heard the last of this. It is far from over. The players who are accusing Jody of this will pull out the big guns now. I have no idea what those guns might be (or if they even exist honestly), but they're not going to be happy with this.
      I am not sure that is the case. I think most, if not all, of the players and parents who have spoken out against Jody will decide they have had enough and move on with their lives elsewhere. It will just not be worth the hassle for them to push this.

May 5, 2015 - 11:22 pm: I retract the above opinion. Perhaps this isn't over.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 5, 2015, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• I didn't think that "being mean" would be cause for termination. I suspect there is a file being prepared that's documenting some things for a termination that doesn't trigger the $500K buyout.

I hope there is a player retention clause - not just an APR clause - in any future contracts. Maintaining a good APR by having half the recruits get their degrees from other schools isn't much of an accomplishment.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I am not sure that is the case. I think most, if not all, of the players and parents who have spoken out against Jody will decide they have had enough and move on with their lives elsewhere. It will just not be worth the hassle for them to push this.

Was there a development late this evening that I haven't seen?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Was there a development late this evening that I haven't seen?
            Nothing made public.

Who knows where this will all go.
            Last edited by shoxlax; May 6, 2015, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• @shoxlax: please clear some space in your mailbox

Comment

• Done

Comment

I think WSU already announced that they found no such violations. Now how hard they looked at that is another question. I think those rules are rather easy to get around. Just declare, with a wink and a nod, that some activities are voluntary and not mandatory.
                  I think Ch 12 misconstrued what was said. WSU reiterated that it was a listening tour and that it wasn't an investigation of NCAA violations. Ch 12 then reported that WSU said there were no NCAA violations. Hardly the same thing.

Comment

I'm curious to know what new developments caused you to retract your opinion as well

Comment

• The entire debate on whether or not you are a better, stronger person because of your basketball coach is weird to me anyway.

Comment

• This really needs to be over one way or the other unless new facts or evidence are uncovered. The recruiting hill will already be hard to climb.

Comment

• I would like to know why Jody's attorneys had access to players and administration's attorneys had access to the players but no athletes had parents or attorneys with them. This smells more like taking statements and intimidating players to protect themselves from liability, rather than making sure another athlete will never be wronged. It appears the "listening tour" should be called the "liability tour". Very disappointed that so many young women were dismissed again. Why is not an outside independent counsel to doing an investigation. That sounds fair and truly concerned about issues, not the school's attorney and the coach's attorney having a meeting to cover careers. Looks like the student-athlete's interest is once again ignored, as it has been again and again and again from all the statements I have read on this forum. Anyone know why an "official" investigation was not done? Even if one statement from any one athlete spoke or uttered a problem there should of been an "official" investigation to clear ALL parties names and reputations. Now this just adds, in my opinion, confirmation that there is something to hide. CLEAR THE NAMES OF ALL PARTIES! I WOULD THINK JODY ADAMS AND ERIC SEXTON WOULD WANT THAT! Why did Jody's attorney's have access to player's? anyone know?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker_67 View Post
                            I would like to know why Jody's attorneys had access to players and administration's attorneys had access to the players but no athletes had parents or attorneys with them. Why did Jody's attorney's have access to player's? anyone know?
                            My questions exactly.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I would like to know why Jody's attorneys had access to players and administration's attorneys had access to the players but no athletes had parents or attorneys with them. This smells more like taking statements and intimidating players to protect themselves from liability, rather than making sure another athlete will never be wronged. It appears the "listening tour" should be called the "liability tour". Very disappointed that so many young women were dismissed again. Why is not an outside independent counsel to doing an investigation. That sounds fair and truly concerned about issues, not the school's attorney and the coach's attorney having a meeting to cover careers. Looks like the student-athlete's interest is once again ignored, as it has been again and again and again from all the statements I have read on this forum. Anyone know why an "official" investigation was not done? Even if one statement from any one athlete spoke or uttered a problem there should of been an "official" investigation to clear ALL parties names and reputations. Now this just adds, in my opinion, confirmation that there is something to hide. CLEAR THE NAMES OF ALL PARTIES! I WOULD THINK JODY ADAMS AND ERIC SEXTON WOULD WANT THAT! Why did Jody's attorney's have access to player's? anyone know?
                              All valid questions. I would bet this wheel has been invented before and there is some kind of protocol precedence set by other universities on similar issues. If this is a standard deviation from the norm then the interested parties may have a legit gripe.
                              On the other hand it seems universities have a great deal of latitude on how they police themselves. The entire sexual assault on campus hot topic has brought that to light.

Comment

I would like to know why Jody's attorneys had access to players and administration's attorneys had access to the players but no athletes had parents or attorneys with them. This smells more like taking statements and intimidating players to protect themselves from liability, rather than making sure another athlete will never be wronged. It appears the "listening tour" should be called the "liability tour". Very disappointed that so many young women were dismissed again. Why is not an outside independent counsel to doing an investigation. That sounds fair and truly concerned about issues, not the school's attorney and the coach's attorney having a meeting to cover careers. Looks like the student-athlete's interest is once again ignored, as it has been again and again and again from all the statements I have read on this forum. Anyone know why an "official" investigation was not done? Even if one statement from any one athlete spoke or uttered a problem there should of been an "official" investigation to clear ALL parties names and reputations. Now this just adds, in my opinion, confirmation that there is something to hide. CLEAR THE NAMES OF ALL PARTIES! I WOULD THINK JODY ADAMS AND ERIC SEXTON WOULD WANT THAT! Why did Jody's attorney's have access to player's? anyone know?
                                Are you blindly asking the question? Or are you implying something to stir the pot? OR are you saying, specifically, that the girls you are obviously backing or supporting wanted and asked to have their own legal representation with them when they were interviewed and the University (or some member within) specifically denied council from attending?

I am also asking you to state this is not a post meeting request. IE My daughter just got out of the meeting and Jody had her attorney there. Well, that seems unfair, why couldn't we have an attorney? Why didn't someone tell us we could have an attorney?

I'm just trying to vet the process here, so that everyone is clear. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X